Tasks of club chairperson includes:
1. Chair Committee meetings
The Chairperson is responsible for making sure that each meeting is planned effectively, conducted according to the rules of the club/county/branch and that matters are dealt with in an orderly and efficient manner.
2. Ensure that the club's/county/branch affairs are managed effectively
The Chairperson must co-ordinate the affairs of the club/county.branch committee to ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for the effective managements of the affairs of the clubs.
3.The Chairperson must ensure that the rules of Badminton Ireland are upheld at all times and must ensure that Badminton Ireland policy is implemented in the club.
4.Represent the Club/County/Branch
The Chairperson will be called upon to represent the body which it represents and sometimes be its spokesperson at various functions, meetings etc...
S/He should be aware of current issues that might affect the governing body and should always seek help and advice from the County/Branch Secretary, or Badminton Ireland staff if required.
5. Be a leader and have a vision for the future of the Club
The Chairperson must have a vision for how the body will progress and should ensure that the body is operating to an agreed plan.
The Chairperson must be seen to ‘lead the Committee team’. This also involves regularly reviewing the Committee's performance and identifying and managing the process for renewal of the Committee through recruitment of new members.
What skills and qualities a Club Chairperson should have?
Tasks of Club Safeguarding Officer includes:
1. Able to provide information and advice in the area
2. Able to administrate and implement safeguarding policies
3. Report regularly to the Executive Committee
4. Advise on confidentiality and data protection
5. Monitor dropout and any unusual dropout patterns within the body
6. Understand regulations in terms of complaints, disciplinary and appeals procedures
What skills and qualities a Club Safeguarding Officer should have?